Mental health referral process

The Faculty of Information and Communication Studies has a Mental Health Focal Person to whom you can be referred. If you need mental health support and counseling, please file a ticket and request for a referral. 

Other UPOU services

If you have more inquiries about academic, personal, social and emotional support, and career guidance, please visit the UPOU OSA Guidance and Counseling Program website ↪

Other services and resources outside UPOU 

You might also find the following resources on mental health support and counseling in the Philippines useful:

There are also numerous self-paced courses on well-being and mental health available online. See for example Yale University's free course on The Science of Well-Being, available on Coursera↪

For urgent issues that involve an immediate and significant threat to your safety and well-being, please contact the appropriate emergency response team (e.g., fire, ambulance, poison control) that services your area, your local government unit, or the Department of Social Welfare and Development (or its equivalent in your country, if you are one of our many offshore students). We recommend that you keep a list of emergency contacts handy.   

See also