Mapping your Plan of Study
Planning your courses can be tricky especially because different versions of the BAMS curriculum exist. To help you, we have developed a tool using Google Classroom that will help you generate your Plan of Study so that you do not always need to consult with the Program Chair or your registration adviser every time you register for courses, unless you are having extreme difficulty. The activities in this Google Classroom also helps you to keep track of important information such as your Maximum Residency, your eligibility for Latin Honors, and important dates that apply to all UPOU students.
This article describes how to join this Google Classroom.
The advice in this box only applies to students who were admitted to the BAMS program before 2018-1T (September 2018)
If you do not meet all three criteria, please ignore this box.
Starting the 1st trimester of AY 2018-2019, the BAMS curriculum will be changing. To help the University review your case better, you need to get (one-time only) registration advice. If you haven't already, you first need to accomplish the Review of Previously Completed BAMS Courses once (and only once) to determine whether you should ...
After completing the Review of Previously Completed BAMS Courses, please wait for confirmation from the Program Chair regarding which curriculum you should follow.
Join the Google Classroom to help yourself map your Plan of Study
- If you do not have a
@up.edu.phemail address, request for one. A
@upou.edu.phemail address will not work
- Log in to Google Classroom ⇗ using your
- Join the Classroom called BAMS Program Planning by using the joining code described below; which code you will use will depend on whether you are following the new curriculum, a hybrid new curriculum, or a hybrid old curriculum.
- Once you have joined the classroom, click the Classwork tab (instead of the Stream tab) to see the activities properly.
- Accomplish the activities listed in the Classroom in the sequences listed (Activity 1, Activity 2, etc.). These activities will help you generate the Plan of Study (Activity 5).
CASE 1: "PURE" NEW CURRICULUM
If you were admitted to the BAMS program on or after 1st Trimester AY 2018-2019
CASE 2: "HYBRID" NEW CURRICULUM
If you've been advised to follow the NEW curriculum with options for substitutions
CASE 3: "HYBRID" OLD CURRICULUM
If you've been advised to follow the OLD curriculum with options for substitutions
you can follow the curriculum without the additional complication of course substitutions.
Your Google Classroom joining code is
|it means that it would be best for you to shift to the new curriculum, since you have so far only earned a relatively small number of units. Some of the courses you have previously taken may be substituted for either the GE Core, GE Elective, Common or Major Elective courses. The Google Classroom will guide you how to do that. You will be provided with an Approved Course Substitution Guide in Activity 4.|
Your Google Classroom joining code is hgy6j23
it means that we think that it would be more complicated for you to adopt the new curriculum, leading to a longer residency and more courses enrolled. Instead, we can find substitutes for the old courses that you were supposed to have taken. You will be provided with an Approved Course Substitution Guide in Activity 4.
Your Google Classroom joining code is
Accomplish the Activities as soon as you can so you can be guided in your plan of study.
- Please accomplish all the Activities in the Google Classroom in the order that they are presented in the Classwork tab.
- Please note that while we will do our best to provide you information on non-MMS courses, we don't have any control over their schedule.
- The BAMS Support System team will help you review your proposed plan of study. However, as with all activities at UPOU, it is your responsibility to make sure that you double-check and periodically update your Plan of Study. Under most circumstances, you do not need permission nor approval to enroll your courses.
Program Chair's Notes
There is no typical time for a BAMS student to graduate, and at UPOU, the idea of a "batch" does not really apply. Many choose to study at UPOU because it provides them the flexibility to take the time they need with their studies. Students in graduate school think like this; every student pursuing a Master's or PhD takes the time they need to finish their research and study, no more and no less, and the time they need differs between all students. While it may be advantageous for you to finish your studies within four years, as long as you finish within your maximum residency, you will graduate "on time".